What’s it like to work alongside so many other women of color?
what happens if u put a werewolf on the moon is a great question probably the best question ever asked
jack: *impromptu raises five young girls who all adore him*
booker: *sells his only daughter to an alternate timeline version of himself*
Frank Ocean | Wisemen
“Frank Ocean wrote a fantastic ballad that was truly lovely and poetic in every way, there just wasn’t a scene for it. I could have thrown it in quickly just to have it, but that’s not why he wrote it and not his intention. So I didn’t want to cheapen his effort. But, the song is fantastic, and when Frank decides to unleash it on the public, they’ll realize it then.”
— Quentin Tarantino explaining why he didn’t use the song in “Django Unchained.”
this song makes me quiet af’
Wendy Darling becomes a pilot as soon as she comes of age,
because she was always going to find a way to fly,
and night after night sitting by the windowsill never got her anywhere
other than the ground.
When told of her curse, Sleeping Beauty goes in search of a spindle.
Instead of mounting the land with her feet full of needles, Ariel watches as her lover slides into the ocean with his legs blurring into scales.
One night, Belle finds herself growing a set of fangs and a coat of shaggy fur to match her Beast’s, and finds that she prefers jagged claws to blunt fingernails.
Susan Pevensie is not shunted from her kingdom
because she learned to use the only weapons she had at hand,
forfeiting her bow and arrow for red-lined lips and slick nylons.
After her feathers bloom like they do every night, Odette goes to find the sorcerer
and plunges her beak into each of his eyes.
True love’s kiss is sitting quietly in the middle of their priorities.
If they find themselves locked in a castle, they break down the walls.
Give me princesses in tattered chainmail or ripped dresses
Give me princesses who ride around, slaying dragons
or mounting them and claiming the sky.
When they are placed up in a tower and told to wait for their hero,
our princesses take their fate by the guts
slide their thighs around the neck of their thrashing dragon
and take to the stars.
|— 'Reinventing Rescuing, ii,' theappleppielifestyle. (via beautyinitsessence)|
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
okay i love in the flesh but something to keep in mind is it’s a VERY graphic heavy upsetting show. i’m gonna rewatch at some point and do a trigger list episode by episode, but some things to keep in mind:
- death, obviously
- gore at times, obviously
- suicide (especially due to codependency)
- child abuse (not so conventionally but id definitely count it)
- medical abuse
- and probably a lot of other stuff
I always feel so awkward when someone walks in on me watching Hannibal like yes that dead body just fell out of that horse so what
this is a show about a guy who eats people